Dr. Satpathy, was invited to open the United States House of Representatives (HoR) as Guest Chaplain on 24th June, 2015. This is a rare honour, having been bestowed on an Indian Citizen ever. The opening invocation provides a wonderful opportunity to affirm Spiritual leaders from many different backgrounds. Dr Satpathy’s address to the US Congress as Guest Chaplain was a remarkable moment for all Indians.
His cultural and philanthropic activities goes beyond India to countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand etc., for which he has received the following recognitions:
- BUILDING BRIDGES ACROSS THE NATIONS” award for being an “Author, Philosopher, Humanitarian and Spiritual Leader” by WASITRAC, Seattle, USA (2012)
- Recognition by Lt Governor of the State of Washington, USA, for conducting humanitarian activities like organizing medical camps, rendering help during natural calamities and education for the underprivileged (2012)
- Recognition by the Mayor of Seattle, USA, for spreading the message of humanism, purity, love and compassion (2012)
- Felicitation by Congressman Adam Smith of Washington State, USA, for literary and scholastic excellence and humanitarian activities (2012)
- Recognition for spreading the message of humanism, purity, love, compassion and tolerance from Hampshire, Illinois, USA (2014)
- Mr. Phil Goff, Hon. Mayor of Auckland, New Zealand (then MP of Mount Roskill, Auckland, New Zealand), felicitated Dr. C. B. Satpathy as ‘Outstanding Global Humanitarian’ (2016)
- Justice John Edward Payton, Collin County, USA, felicitated Dr. Satpathy on the occasion of Dr. Satpathy’s first speech as Guest Chaplain at the U.S. House of Representatives (2016)
- 2015 – Dr. Satpathy was felicitated by the Hon’ble Governor of Uttar Pradesh, Shri Ram Naik for his immense service to humanity at a function organized at the Indira Gandhi Pratishthan, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh on 19th September, 2015.
- 2015 – On 31st October, 2015, Dr. Satpathy was felicitated by the Hon’ble Governor of Maharashtra His Excellancy Shri C H Vidyasagar Rao for his immense service to humanity at a function organized at the “Darbar Hall” of Raj Bhawan at Mumbai.
- 2015 – On the occasion of the 57 National Convention of Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering and the 3rd international conference on Industrial Engineering (ICIE-2015), organized on 26th November 2015 at S V National Institute of Technology, Surat. Dr. Satpathy, the chief guest was conferred with the prestigious Lifetime Honorary Membership of Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering.
- 2014 – On the occasion of their IIIrd convocation ceremony held on 19th April, 2014, the Siksha O Anusandhan University conferred upon him the prestigious title “Honoris Causa Degree of Doctor of Science (D.Sc.)”.
- 2012 – On the occasion of their Vth convocation ceremony held on 13th Aug, 2012, the prestigious Ravenshaw University conferred upon him the prestigious title “Honoris Caussa (D.Litt.)” for his eminence and invaluable contributions to the cause of public interest.
- 2012 – On the occasion of their XVIIth convocation ceremony on 2nd May, 2012, the prestigious Berhampur University conferred upon him the prestigious title “Doctorate in Law (LLB)”.
- 2012 – On the occasion of their XVth convocation ceremony on 25th February, 2012, the prestigious Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha University, identified as the Center of Excellence for traditional sastras, conferred upon him the prestigious title ‘Honoris Causa (D. Litt. – Vacaspati)’. This is the highest honorary doctorate title of the University given to eminent people for their outstanding contribution to Sanskrit language and the traditional sastras.
- 2009 – Felicitated by the ‘North Odisha University’, Baripada, Mayurbhanj, Odisha, as the ‘Glorious Child of Mayurbhanj’ on 11th July, 2008.
- 2011 – ‘Mahapurusha Jagannath Das Samman’ award by ‘The Maple and Dr D N Rath Foundation for Excellence in Odia Spiritual Literature’ was awarded to him for his extraordinary contribution in devotional / spiritual literature on 17th April, 2011 at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- 2011 – The ‘Baba Baidyanath Sangeeta Ratna’ award was conferred on him by ‘Tapasya Sangeet Academy’, Deoghar, Jharkhand for his exemplary contribution in the field of music.
- 2011 – The ‘Divya Sangeeta Siromani’ award was dedicated to him by the Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Socio Cultural Trust for his extraordinary contribution to devotional music on 4th November, 2011 at Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- 2011 – ‘Odisha Ratna’ award conferred by ‘Odia Pua’ Society of New Delhi, as a special recognition for his multidisciplinary eminence and excellence in the fields of Music, Literature, Social Service and Spiritual Insight.
- 2012 – In an event organized by the DFW Orissa Society of Dallas, United States of America, Dr. C. B. Satpathy addressed the people of United States of America, focusing on different aspects of spirituality.